Lately I've been feeling like Kevin Costner on Field of Dreams. You know the part where the field is all finished, nothing has happened, and he's just waiting? The time goes slowly by and he's still waiting, waiting for something but he has no idea what. It shows him looking out the window on Christmas, with the snow flying on his empty field. Still nothing. People start to doubt him. Is he crazy? Why did he do it? Because of The Voice. I often feel like Kevin Costner, in his cute little Christmas sweater, standing there by the window looking out, and wondering what was going to happen next. He knew something was coming. He could feel it. I too know something is coming, but like him, have no idea not WHAT it will be, but WHERE. I, like him, often stare out my window and wonder. What is in store for us? We've done everything we've been asked, everything that has been required, and then some. It's to the point where my mind is weary of all the wondering and worrying. My patience is getting a major workout and I have a feeling the workout won't be over for a very long time. Thank goodness I have the holiday season to help take my mind off things. But after the holidays, I really need some answers. Please.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
I feel your pain Erika....waiting really sucks. I remember when my bishop told me two years ago to be still. How can I be still? It was such a difficult time for me. Hang in there. Just fill your day with distractions...it worked for me...busy busy busy...
Post a Comment