I didn't buy school pictures this year. One of the good things about having a decent camera is that I can take the pictures myself and not have to pay all that money for mediocre pictures. Not that mine are professional and perfect, but I like them a lot better than the school ones. I figured we would take them yesterday, Thanksgiving, while everyone was looking presentable. Most of the kids weren't thrilled about it as they were anxious to get to dinner and all their cousins, but I did the best I could in between pouty faces, a little arguing, and in the few minutes we had. Really, who DOES like getting their picture taken? Especially when it comes to kids. It is really not their favorite thing. Come to think of it, it's not really Ryan's favorite thing either. But once the pictures are taken and we can enjoy the results for endless years to come it makes it all worth it. So these are the ones that will be blown up for the grandparents and for us, even though I have nowhere to hang/put them at the present moment. Sigh...I sure do love my beautiful children...at times I really can't believe they are all mine.
7th grade

5th grade

2nd grade

1st grade

And last but not least, here's a picture of me and my cute schoolboy, who will graduate in the spring:

Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
great pics of everyone! And I agree, I am skipping school pics this year too, because of the great pics you took of all of my kids! I actually loaded all of them up into my digital picture frame and the extended family raved about them and were quizzing me about how much you charge for pics, how you have a great "eye", etc... You could have quite the side business if you ever wanted to. You are one talented chick!
You always do such a great job! I don't blame you on not buying the school ones--yours look lots better and they coordinate! Way to go, you sure have a cute family!
So cute! I haven't checked blogs for a while so sorry for the delay! You have really beautiful kids and you and Ry aren't bad yourself!
Post a Comment