Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, January 15, 2010

No announcement yet

Greetings from Norfolk, Virginia. Sorry if the previous post was misleading. Ryan and I are here for an interview at EVMS. He is there right now and I am sitting in our hotel room typing this out on his iPod touch which I have no clue how to work. It's a beautiful sunny day and is supposed to get up to 57. No need for my coat today, or my beanie that I brought. Virginia is everything I had imagined...well, pretty much. It's beautiful with all the trees everywhere and I love being near the ocean and the Chesapeake bay. After I dropped off ry at his interview, I went and found the nearest church (thank goodness for GPS). It wasn't too far in Virginia Beach. I had been a little frazzled driving through downtown and through detours, but once I saw that familiar looking steeple, I couldn't help but get emotional. I'm in love with the area and homes around the church. I drove a bit through the neighborhoods there to try and get a feel for the area. It felt comfortable to me.

I really want to go visit Jamestown after I pick-up Ryan, and get a good look at some historical things sine this place is just oozing with them. Tomorrow it's DC and we're looking forward to that immensely. Hopefully I'll capture some fun pics to show y'all, and kids if you're reading this, I love you tons and tons and can't wait to tell you about Virginia! We wish you could be here with us.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Sounds great. I hope all goes well for you guys.

Christina said...

We had a couple of friends who went to that University and they loved it!