Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Plug for Empyre

So I have this cute little brother-in-law, Kevin, who is trying to get hitched and trying to go to school. These things cost money. Lots of money. He loves working with wood and has a little business of his own, "Empyre". He has made all sorts of stuff for people--fireplace mantles, cabinets, and furniture of all sorts. I love his work. This is a sample of what he can do. He helped and counseled Ryan on this project and I think it turned out so beautifully. I can't help but just sit and look at it. It's probably the nicest thing I own. This was Ryan's Christmas present to us. It's from Ballard Designs catalog and I think it looks even better than the one in the catalog and cost a whole lot less. Kevin can make just about anything. So anyone looking for some high-quality custom furniture or woodwork, he would love your business! (I can tell you right now though, if you're looking for "cheap" Kevin isn't necessarily cheap, but if you go buy cheap then that's what you'll get-cheap quality...you get what you pay for!)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Jen Howick said...

WOW! That is amazing! Can you give us some sort of ideas on pricing? Or, maybe you can email me.... I did the same thing once, found a coffee table in Pottery Barn I loved and had my friends husband recreate it for a fraction of the cost.

Roger and Stephnie said...

Gorgeous! Way to go Ryan!

Nikki said...

That is awesome!!!