{ser-en-di-pi-ty} n: the act of finding something valuable or delightful when you are not looking for it.
One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of shore for a very long time.
~Andre Gide
We have found Virginia Beach. Serendipity is my new favorite word. It describes kind of what happened to us when we ended up here in Virginia. I am loving Virginia Beach. If we didn't have all our family back in Utah we'd most definitely want to stay here forever. I had so many fears at the thought of leaving Utah but have now found that I really didn't need to worry my little head so much. Perhaps it helped that we had a few years to prepare for the thought of moving so that when it came time to go we were all ready for it. No surprises. I can't tell you how many times I've prayed that the kids would be happy here and that they would find good friends. All of those prayers have been answered. Gwen may have only one friend at school in the 8th grade who is LDS, but that one friend is the answer we were looking for. I also prayed that the neighborhood we chose to live in would be a good one (you never know!) and low and behold it is just that. And we found out Gwen's new LDS friend lives just two streets down from us. The Lord looks out for us. He sends us on our way and puts people in our path to help us along and make life bearable and even joyful. I used to have such a fear of moving my kids around in this whole doctor adventure but you know what? All of the kids/teenagers we've met in our ward are AWESOME. The majority of them have moved around and they are all the better for it. They are strong, happy, outgoing, and know what it means to stand up for what you believe in and to not be afraid. They all stick together and love eachother. They have already been such wonderful examples for our kids. More answered prayers. I could go on and on about how the Lord has helped us, but I should maybe save that for my journal. These are just a few thoughts going through my mind right now to let you all know that all is well in Virginia Beach for the Adams family. The saying "Bloom where you are planted" has frequently run through my mind. We are eager to do just that. We are at peace here.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment