
OK, here are finally some pictures of our kitchen and family room. Don't look at them too closely--I have not had one ounce of extra time these days to do any extra house stuff so pay no attention to the broken fruit basket, dirty floor, and the unpainted patch of wall by the green cabinets. Something has had to go lately, and so it has been little things like that. And some things are still a work in progress (like something that has to do with old boat oars). But some of you have been asking to see, so here's a view into the main hub of the house where we eat, create, taste, drink, talk, laugh, work, chill, and where we like to gather.
Once again, Ryan saved the day. He transformed our beast of a kitchen into a beauty of one. He did a fabulous job and anyone who stops by our house always has plenty of compliments to pay him. He has created such a nice, peaceful place for us to chill while he does the medical school thing. And thanks to the one and only "Kev Babe" who put much time into helping Ry out with the cabinets. I am so grateful to have this house to live in!

Kitchen before!

Before

We call this the servery. This is where the green cabinets now hang!






Remember my gray paint dilemma? Well, it ended up turning out just perfect! I guess it just needed a few days to cure and dry. The color is Reflection by Sherwin Williams. Nice and subtle. I love it.

Another way to save money-chicken wire instead of glass.Cabinets are Lemon Verbena by Sherwin Williams with a brown glaze.



This corner is one of the works in progress, until I can get my hands on one of these.

This is one of my very favorite things about my kitchen! I needed a paper towel holder and so where did I find the perfect one? You guessed it, Etsy! This vintage one works beautifully and adds a little charm and color to the mix! It makes me smile.
NOW, ON TO THE FAMILY ROOM!

This is the sofa bed couch we found here on Craigslist for a great price. The bed had only been used a couple times and in perfect condition. I was looking for something in the gray family, cloth, and durable that wouldn't show dirt easily and this one fit the bill. I like the slipcover that I can take off and wash and it's been great for when little friends sleep over!






I couldn't pass up these sailboat coasters



Ryan doesn't like my "ball of rope."

Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









7 comments:
Oh my GOSH Erika! It is beautiful! ALL of it! I love every detail! I love before and after and I have been in heaven drooling over your pictures! So fun to see all your beachy stuff and to see how much you and Ryan did together to save $! You accomplished your white house! Perfect! I love the rope ball! Are the old oars going over the cut out kitchen "window" in the family room? I am amazed at all you have done in a short amount of time!
How did you know Heather? That wall definitely needs something, doesn't it! Thanks for the compliments. Love ya!
What a huge transformation in such a short time. Is that butcher board on the counter tops?
Why yes it is Sara! IKEA, beech wood.
Wow!! Love, love, LOVE it! So beautiful. I could do this with my husband and save money but (and I'm not exaggerating) it would take us 10 months instead of how ever many weeks it took you. Amazing. And I love the knot too. It's nautical, no?
And to think I checked your blog to see how you weathered Earl. :)
WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! More inspiration to get me through the next week! ;)
Oh My GoOdnESS You guys have been busy!!! It turned out so dang cute! I love all the cute little touches you added...bead board, curtains under the sink and the towel holder... Love, Love, Love it ALL!!
Post a Comment