It seems that this wonderful blogosphere of ours is jam-packed full of grateful people this month. It is so touching to be able to read what other people in the world are thankful for. Isn't Thanksgiving just the best? I absolutely adore everything about this holiday. What a perfect prelude to Christmas! For the past 4 years since our lives have taken a drastic turn (all for the better, I might add), I have realized that one must never take ANYTHING for granted. I realize even MORE how grateful I am for the things we do have that make our lives comfortable.ABUNDANCE is the word to describe it. The definition is simple--"more than enough". Although we don't have all the "things" other people have, we have more than what we need. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for things like: An old dishwasher that still works. An old furnace that, thank heavens, works. A warm bed to sleep in. A washing machine and dryer that clean my clothes so quickly and save a lot of time and work for me. A computer that works so I can work. A car that works and has gas in it. Food storage. My job. Service in the church and what it does for us spiritually. Answered prayers. When the kids are getting along and not at each other's throats. Beautiful music that calms me. A house of order, as it is not always in order. Days when I have nothing written on the calendar. People who love you for who you are, nonjudgmental. A healthy body, even if it doesn't look as good as I wish it would. When my kids choose the right. Laughter. When Ryan comes home and we talk about his exciting day at school. And the list goes on and on....
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
Amen. I love how you put things. There is so much to be thankful for. Even when things are going perfectly there is always a silver lining to be found. Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment