
It's amazing what a little venting, shopping, and aromatherapy can do! (have you tried Bath & Body's new Vanilla Verbena Stress Relief lotion?) I am well today. The birds are chirping like crazy these days, trees have tiny buds on them, Walmart has begun to stock all their garden paraphernalia, and I feel spring on the horizon. It's going to be a great day!
So it dawned on me last night as I dropped the kids off at the church for their various church activities, that I now have all the kids gone on activity night! With Christian just turning 8, this is so great (hardy har). He has looked forward to this so much--getting baptized and also being a Cub Scout. It's wild to think that it has been 8 years since I've had a baby. It's wild to think that this is our last baptism. Onwards and forwards as they say!
We had a fun birthday "weekend". Grandma & Grandpa Adams and cousin Grayson flew out for a surprise visit just for the occasion. I think the boys played Star Wars/light sabers nonstop! Saturday I threw Christian his first birthday party. And thanks to my GENIUS of a friend, Afton, I pulled off a "Jedi Training Academy" birthday party and it was such a hit!! So thanks a million Afton for sharing your super fun ideas. Monday we drove up to Williamsburg, walked around a little (it was a little chilly), then drove to Yorktown and saw the field where the "Battle of Yorktown" was fought, the last major battle of the Revolutionary War. There was a small museum, but the main attraction for the kids was the gift shops!
And I am happy to announce that we have a new addition to the family. Saturday when out looking at the yard with his dad, Ryan found a little teeny baby turtle crawling across our front sidewalk. He held it up to me in the kitchen window and my heart instantly melted. I have never seen a turtle so small and precious! He is so cute. We put him in a box and are in the process of making a nice home for him. I hope we can keep him alive. So far his name is Herbie (Chris, was that your turtle's name when we were little?). Somehow it just seemed to fit him.
So here's to a happy Thursday morning, fresh and new, full of limitless possibilities! Have a good one!

Museum picture I never posted-Pierce is taking after his Grampy!

Art class with Pres. Brimhall-Chrysler Museum, Norfolk


Master Pierce ran the show for me and trained the little padawans with his ever so cool moves!

Jumpin Jedi's

Use the force

Don't fall in that burning hot lava!

This picture makes me laugh-those boys really wanted to beat the tar out of Darth Vadar!


Sweet little Yoda. I couldn't resist!




Williamsburg

This woman died in 1771 giving birth to her baby daughter

Can I just go live there?


George Washington was 6'2"

I liked this model of the British being escorted out after they surrendered at the Battle of Yorktown
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









6 comments:
I'm so glad my suggestions helped. Nice light sabers! Looks like everyone had a good time.
Ya, I searched high and low for some blasted water noodles--no such luck. But guess what I just saw at Target? WATER NOODLES! 5 days too late, darn it! Those blow-up ones had to do. Thanks again!
Wow!
What a great post! It's great that such simply things like smelly lotion can do the trick!! Of course the promise of spring is a great pick-me-up too.
Looks like you planned a great birthday bash.
Have a wonderful day!
The party looked super fun! That pic of Brody is too funny.
Did you love Williamsburg?? It's my favorite place ever! We found this cute neighborhood when we were there Monday and I about died!! We are so buying a house there someday!!!
loved the pictures of the party and your trip! Had to share with you we had a turtle, or actually a couple I think, when I was growing up. One of them would just wander around the house stalking flies, and he would catch one every now and then. Of course ours were a lot bigger than yours. But it's certainly cute, have fun!
If Sam sees this post he is going to DIE!!! DIE i tell you! THat party is SWEET!!! And he has been dreaming of a pet turtle! Was a great birthday! Love his baptism announcement! Very cute! Wish I could be there but I refuse to fly out there when the weather is cold, got that here and believe me, I'm sick of it already! I've been dreaming of far off places too!
Post a Comment