Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lighten Up

Photobucket
My dream rental cottage on Tybee Island, GA

My blogging wishes have come true: Sunshine-check. Garden boxes with dirt, "moo-nure", etc.-check. Man, maybe I should blog about things I want more often! All this bright happy sunshine we have been getting has been great encouragement for getting myself "in order" and getting my house/yard in order. It also makes me want to "lighten up" a little...my hair, that is. I'll tell you a little secret--my hair is not naturally this dark. Garnier Nutrisse HerbaShine in Dark Natural Brown has done a fabulous job at hiding those silvery gray hairs that are trying to sprout, but I'm thinking maybe a change is in order. Maybe something along these lines:
Photobucket
Photobucket
NOT the blonde but the other girl

And I'm feeling a little pale. Maybe a splash of bronzer is in order too. And some teeth whitening strips. And a good upper lip waxing. With me the list could go on and on!
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Dorri said...

If you do lighten your hair I want pictures!! I've never been brave enough to do anything seriously permant with the hair color. I've done the wash out coloring, but that's it. I'm always afraid that once I start I'll always have to do it.
I love your garden boxes. Dad has some like them in his back yard. The kids love to help him out with them when we visit during the spring and summer time.
We had a really nice morning here today. I was so nice to walk across campus with only a sweatshirt on and feel the sun on my face.

Heather said...

I've been slow with blogging and hardly check blogs these days so sorry I've missed so much of your life! I always get a lump in my throat when I read your words! Here is what I think: You should lighted your hair, you should read the book "Dirty Life" (about farming, just because Ry can't read it and you would love it!) You have the cutest little baptized boy EVER, you are doing an amazing job holding so many things together, by yourself, you have the best mom EVER and I miss you ALL!!!!! Can't wait for spring too. I am struggling with the cold gloom. We had 1 week of warm, spring like blue sky days but I need more! Trumpet is cool!!! Jenna just started Suzuki Cello. I'm loving it!!!

The Tyler's said...

That patio is adorable!!!

I love your plant boxes...and can't wait to see what you do with them.

Those hair color pics are both super cute! Let me know...:)

Erika said...

Thanks ladies. I'll be making an appointment very soon Jill! And Heather, Suzuki Cello--I am so jealous! That is awesome. Go Jenna go, you can do it!