Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, March 31, 2011

As the rain droppeth...

Photobucket
"The quality of mercy is not strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed-
It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes.”
 ~William Shakespeare

It is a wet, drizzly, gray day. I have always been one who loves the rain and the coziness it brings. I smile today knowing I don't have to go anywhere, knowing that make-up and hairspray are not on the agenda. Today it is sweats and fuzzy socks.

So in honor of what some would call a "dismal" day, I am headed to the kitchen to concoct something that entails lots of root vegetables for the crock pot, maybe even turn on a little Norah Jones while I'm in the process. This may not be the sun-drenched day we've all been yearning for, but there is plenty of good to be found in a plain old rainy day.

{PICTURES OF MARCH-where did the month go?}
Photobucket
We enjoyed some fabulous weather during Ryan's spring break which afforded him to finally build us a shed--even had our first BBQ and lighting of the Tiki torches!
Photobucket
The roofers
Photobucket
Christian received his Bobcat last night. He was thrilled beyond belief, as was Pierce the night before when he received 4 merit badges and his Tenderfoot! So mad I forgot my camera for that!
Photobucket
Ry helped Christian build this birdhouse to fulfill one of his scout requirements
Photobucket
Apple blossoms
Photobucket
Christian's very own radish box. As you can see, as of this morning nothing has sprouted yet! Radishes (the big white ones) are an Adams/McFarland tradition.
Photobucket
Tomatoes and peppers. Gotta love the cloches. They've served us well these past few freezing nights!
Photobucket
The latest on the garden. Ry made a third box, along with these lovely "cages" to protect our precious veggies from those naughty little devils, the squirrels! They even like digging in my herb pots, not sure why!
Photobucket
Our lovely rain barrel. We couldn't wait to get one of these--how could we not when the price of water is horrendous here and when we get so much rain in VB?--it just makes sense, so this is what we will water our garden with. As of this morning I think it was full from the rain we've received lately, and Ryan only hooked it up on Saturday!
Photobucket
Don't know if you've seen this yet, but if you are in need of a little brightness today, RUN to Target, seriously, and pick up one of these tablecloths!!! I am in love with the bright green and of course anything gingham. It's perfect for Easter Ü. It will NOT disappoint.

3 comments:

The Tyler's said...

You guys have the funnest backyard!! I need to come see it.

I really love your new tablecloth! So spring!

Braden said...

i need a tablecloth! love it i haven't seen it at target! was it just in the section by the other ones? or by spring stuff?

Erika said...

It was on the end of an aisle with some other fun springy kitchen stuff.