Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, March 28, 2011

Walk on Water

Photobucket
Music is one of my greatest sources of inspiration. I feel like it connects me with heaven. It speaks to me in a way that nothing else can and in a language of its very own. My upcoming lesson includes two of my most favorite miracles Jesus performed during his ministry here on earth: when He walked on the sea, invites Peter to come to him, and calms the winds, and when he miraculously feeds more than 5,000 people with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 small fishes. I stumbled across this song which is playing, not even looking for it, but oh how perfect it is for me as I prepare and think about what this lesson really means to all of us and where my own faith stands. I sometimes have a hard time connecting with certain lessons, but this is one that I can't wait to delve in to. Miracles happen all around us, some so small we may take them for granted. But large or small they do come. In the Lord's time and in the Lord's way. I've learned that when they do happen I should write them down in my journal, that very day, so as never to forget them. I know they will be a strength to look back on someday not only for me, but for my posterity as well as we recognize just how much the Lord's hand really is in our lives.
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Tyler's said...

Your amazing...I totally look up to you. I need to be better at writting down my blessings and miracles that happen around us.
I'm glad you get a week off of teaching...hallelujah!

I'm not sure what stocks are but if your talking about those wood things my parents had their heads in...it is down that long road past the cheese shop.

As for the fried chicken...we just went to Pollard's. Amber recommended it. I thought it was ok.

Erika said...

I've wondered if Pollard's was any good! Yes, at least I think those wooden things are called stocks. Don't you love conference weekend? I bet you'll be loving the break too!!!

Emily said...

I love me some Britt Nicole! I also wish I could be there for your lesson...:( Maybe someday!