Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March

Photobucket
The doom and gloom of the winter months are OVER! Yahoo! Thank heavens VB has a short winter season. March has proven to be a "light"month, delivering loads of lightness, sunshine and warmth, answers to prayers, and joy in our family. Spring has officially sprung here, hence the lack of blog posts. Sorry to say that I have neglected the blog world completely for several weeks, but the break has actually been quite nice. But to prove my love and affection for y'all, here's an update with lots of pictures and all.

The trees are blossoming and flowering everywhere you turn your head. I never realized the fragrance blossoms put off! The beauty of the earth never ceases to amaze. People are out walking their dogs, mowing their lawns, washing their cars, planting their gardens, and I even got my first official sunburn of the year and stocked up on popsicles and pink lemonade. We are soaking it all up before the heat of summer arrives. The kids are thriving in school. After nearly 8 months of living here, they are completely content and engaged in their new life and friends here, although they of course still miss our family in Utah terribly. School is great for Ryan--loving every minute of it and learning lots of really cool stuff. Work is great and satisfying for me. I'm thankful to be employed when so many are not. Ry turned 36 yesterday, my turn will be shortly. I honestly don't care how old I get, as long as people keep confusing me and Ry for newlyweds I'm good! I got my hair lightened and am loving the new me. I never got this many compliments when my hair was dark, so guess what? It may be staying light for a very long time!! Ü The garden is coming along and it's exciting to go look at it each day and see how fast those little seeds grow. I planted a large pot of peony bulbs and am working on collecting herbs for the garden. Ry's spring break is next week, and all I can say is PAR-TAY!! I think he is secretly planning to be outside 24/7 working in our yard, and I know I will want to be out there with him. Lots of plans for this run-down yard of ours including the building of a shed and planting grass. He will have plenty to keep him busy. So until next time...auf wiedersehen!
Photobucket
Each year Christian is the most excited of all to plant seeds
Photobucket
Square foot gardening at its finest
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Free firewood! And its pine! Yum. Most nights when Ryan comes home he will go out and play lumberjack and split wood. I can't wait to smell and "hear" this stuff burning this coming winter!
Photobucket
Plum tree
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I smile everytime I pull into the driveway as I look at the blossoms and flowers
Photobucket
New Beginnings
Photobucket
Pierce surprised Ry by playing Happy Birthday for him last night
Photobucket
A lazy Sunday afternoon
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was carrot cake this year
Photobucket

3 comments:

Dorri said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!
Love the new hair, looking good!! I need to do something cutting wise with my, but I just don't know what to do so it just stays long. Thanks for the pictures. The sure brightened my day, all we've had lately it seems like gloomy skies and rain.

The Huzzey's said...

I get homesick for Virginia SOO easily! It is such a beautiful place! Thanks for posting pictures! LOVE your hair!!

Nikki said...

Love your hair, Erika! It is beautiful out there! Spring is coming here. My bulbs are sprouting. I planted over 100, so I can't wait!! Glad everyone has adjusted.