Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, May 6, 2011

Hello...

PhotobucketFor the past month I have been avoiding blogging. I couldn't even LOOK at my blog, or anyone else's for that matter. Not sure why--the desire was gone. Life has all of a sudden gotten a lot more busy than usual and blogging has been on the very bottom of the totem pole.

But here I am. No cleaning today, only transcription, and I find myself wanting to take a peek once again into the blogging world. The weather has been nothing but gorgeous, perhaps one reason why I have spent time away from blogging. The outdoors frequently call my name and quite often you can find me laying in the hammock. It's my favorite place to go study my lesson material and to just be still. I've been housecleaning oodles and transcription is now picking up after a slow winter. And yes, for the most part, I do not mind scrubbing other people's toilets. You get used to it, just don't forget the latex gloves. Ü

The past month has brought on lots of new things in our lives, some of them very small, but things that include: me riding a bike for the first time in years (and I LOVED it!); an artichoke plant for the garden (never grown one before, apparently they do really well here); new friends; I had duck for the first time and it was delish; a new pet (Gretel's dream came true--we gave in and got her a dwarf hamster. She named him Gus-Gus. He is so cute! It was her reward for practicing violin so well for months); new plums, nectarines, apples and peaches on the trees; first trip to the beach this year with the kids; and new flowers. I am thankful for all of the joy these simple things bring to me and my family.

Ryan is wrapping up his first year of medical school. We both cannot believe how fast the first year has gone. It was not as bad as I thought, but I guess it has a lot to do with perspective and where you're at in life. Some wives really struggle, but honestly it hardly even phased me. In fact, we've had years in the past that were way worse than this, where we saw Ryan less than we see him now, where the kids were lucky if they even saw him every day. The kids are my comfort when he is away studying at the school library. Pierce is good at being the man of the house when Ry is gone and has become quite the responsible and capable young man. I have gained even more independence, realizing that sure, we would love to have Ry come places with us, but when he can't we can manage and still have a great time together. So this year was great and we are looking forward to next year, and the next year, and the next year and are preparing ourselves for the craziness that that and the rest of his medical training may bring. After almost 15 years of marriage, it is so wonderful to see my husband happy, stretching himself, and learning all this wonderful "stuff". I'm proud at his dedication to everything he does and to see him excel. And he sure looks mighty fine when he wears that white coat of his Ü. It will be so nice having a doctor in the house someday...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The boys are constantly wanting to build things
Photobucket
First egg hunt in Virginia!
Photobucket
Spring Break
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Nikki said...

so glad you are still out there!

Christina said...

I am so glad you are back! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on our blog. You are wonderful!! I am so glad you have enjoyed your first year. I think my favorite part of medical school was first and second year. I loved the regular routine and I saw Gage a lot more then I did in undergrad. I can't help but look back and smile...great times. Residency has its good months and bad months but I wouldn't worry you guys will do great! Enjoy your time and your cute family.

Heather said...

I've been bad at looking at blogs too! I've really only missed you though! Glad life is going so well for ALL of you! Congrats to Gwen on getting into Governers school, Ry, for finishing his first year, Tilly for earning her pet, chrissy for his Bobcat, and Pierce for being a builder! I love the garden, the blossoms, the bikeride and beach! Happy belated to Ry. He's so young! Keep going on trip and seeing all you can! I can't wait to get out there next year! There is a thrift place out there that I just heard of that is supposed to be the best! I'll get you the name of it! I love your new life!