Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

nothing

The weather here can change on a dime. One minute I'm on the deck eating lunch, sunshine and humidity "on the menu", the next minute it's pouring down rain, fast and fierce, only to have it stop as quickly as it came. I don't have any problems with this, I've just learned to take an umbrella with me wherever I go. And I definitely don't have a problem with what these tropical rains do for our garden and flowers. Makes everything so lucious and smell so good. I do, however, have a problem with the rabbits eating my flowers and bulbs, but hey, you can't have it all.

It has been quite hot lately, and very humid, and summer is just beginning! Each year I see how long I can go without turning the AC on in the house, no matter where we've lived. Some houses have stayed cooler than others. Lucky for us, our house is shaded by lots of trees here. So far I have not had to do so. I am so grateful to the man/woman who invented ceiling fans. They are a MUST here in the south, or anywhere humid. BUT, when you can't open the windows at night because of the humidity outside, you can't cool off your house much at night. And some nights it stays warm outside all night long and doesn't even cool down. According to the weather man, today is going to be a hot one, and since it's 7 a.m. and the house is already 77 degrees, I might have to break down and turn the AC on so I don't kill us all today.

In other news, just when my man decides to take a long trip to the wild, wild west, the water heater goes on the fritz. Isn't this how it always goes? My canner has come in handy as I've had to heat water for baths, making me feel like a true pioneer woman. Makes me realize just how blessed we are to have all that we have these days.

Which leads me to my last thought for today. As I woke up to my pesky little alarm clock this morning which was playing "Let's Get It On" (they love disco, R&B, etc. here), and as I layed there feeling half empty and missing my other half, the thought came back to me from Sunday's gospel doctrine lesson (which is in no way, shape, or form related to the song playing on the radio)--I am nothing without my Heavenly Father. Truly nothing. Yet, with Him, I can do all things he requires of me. I can. We all can. And so this is great encouragement for my day ahead. Forge on! With God, nothing is impossible, and with God, all things are possible.
Photobucket
Mother's Day 2011
Photobucket
Just had to include this one. Christian keeps things light around here. He couldn't wait to change out of his church clothes any longer!
Photobucket
XOXO RTA

0 comments: