The older I get the more I realize the inner hippy in me. I was born and raised a NorCal girl, in a conservative family, yet surrounded by Birkenstocks, female school teachers who didn't shave anything, and lots of healthy, organic food with the very rare candy or gum. My parents are not hippies, don't get me wrong, we just lived out in the vineyards and lived off the land. Nothing wrong with that! In fact, I crave that sometimes. Just being back out in wide open spaces with nothing but fresh air and nature all around you living off the food you grow.
I don't know why, but lately that hippy has been wanting to come out more than usual. Homemade granola. Check. Birkenstocks. Check. No make-up. Check. And I finally paid a visit to our Trader Joes!!! It's a little ways away, so I kept putting it off, but I sure got a hefty dose of NorCal as I went yesterday! I felt like I was back in California, back to my roots. I could have bought the whole store if my wallet would have allowed it. And the prices are wonderful! Even better than other grocery stores. What is it about that place that makes me want to put on a linen skirt and some Birkenstocks and go buy some natural deoderant? (I've never tried any of the body products but have always been curious). Silly, I know. Don't worry Ryan...so my shaving habits have become a little sporadic since you've been gone. You won't come home to a forest, I promise. But you may come home to my feet adorning something like these...I have a weakness for Birkenstocks. Always have, always will. Aren't they cute? Too bad money doesn't grow on trees...
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago











4 comments:
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!! LOVE YOU, LITTLE HIPPY!
I used to have some. They were so comfy:)
Thank you so much for your comment earlier. It really blessed my heart and encouraged me. Sounds like VA is working out wonderfully for your family. I just know it will for ours too.
Love it!
THose Birks are CUTE! I love your inner hippy! Keep embracing it! It's an easier, more relaxed way of life. I CAN'T WAIT to see you in a month!!!! I am giddy just thinking about it! The kids will be so happy I think they will cry tears of joy!!! You guys are welcome here anytime or the kids...sleepovers...The post about Gwen above-crazy how old she is! WOW! She is such a great example to Bailey! Love her! I'm a proud auntie! XOXOXOX!!!
Post a Comment