Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Activities

Just a few things we've been doing this summer. We took a family bike ride to the Great Dismal Swamp Canal Trail (minus Pierce who was still at scout camp). It's a gorgeous trail just perfect for us novice riders. Thanks to Dr. Blackwood (the doc Ry shadows) for giving us bikes so we all have one!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I needed a helmet so I wore Ry's leaving him to wear Pierce's, a little small, but luckily his head isn't very big (inside joke)
Photobucket
Photobucket
My very own bike! Haven't had one since I was young.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Moving the flagpole so you can see it better from the road without the plum tree covering the flag up.
Photobucket
Our once lush garden that is now dwindling in total unbelief! So sad. Weird stuff has been going on with bugs, etc. This growing season was definitely a learning experience for us.
Photobucket
Adding on to the deck.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am in love with all my herbs. They are simply beautiful, fragrant, and so fun to use.
Photobucket
Tilling up the back "lawn". We plan to plant new grass in the fall.
Photobucket
We are enjoying having a baby around this summer! There's nothing like the smell of a baby. Pure therapy! The girls are earning money for school clothes by babysitting two precious little girls from our ward. The boys like to help too!
Photobucket


3 comments:

Nikki said...

Looks like you've had a great summer! Love it that you rode a bike. Bikes hurt my little tooshy too bad!

Afton said...

Great Dismal Swamp? I think they could use a little PR overhaul. Although, first thing I learned in PR was that there is no such thing as bad publicity. So maybe they know what they're doing after all.

The Tyler's said...

Sounds like you all are having one fabulous summer!
The Nauvoo trip looked awesome! We can't wait to do it someday.
I'm so sad about Peirce leaving me behind in primary. But I know...they have bigger and better things to look forward to.
It was good to see all your lovely faces from a far yesterday at church!