First day of school today, and first time I didn't take pictures of my kiddies before they walked out the door! We all had so much on our minds, that by the time one of them reminded me to take pictures, it was too late. Gwen was already out the door walking over to the neighbor's house to get a ride to school with their two high-schoolers (seminary doesn't start until next week); 25 minutes later it was Gretel and Christian's turn and I walked them down to their designated bus stop; then 30 minutes later it was Pierce's turn, and I drove him to his "0" bell class, something new for him this year. They kept me hopping and I regret not getting my camera out. No one was hungry this morning. On the menu was banana muffins and grapefruit, and none of them were able to eat their whole breakfast. A couple of them had butterflies so bad we had a couple emergent trips to the toilet before leaving the house, if you know what I mean. Ahhhh, the first day of school! Gotta love it.
Lots of changes this year with school. Instead of my 4 kids going to 2 schools, we now have 4 kids going to 4 schools. Gretel and Christian are together still, but Pierce is all alone in middle school this year, and Gwen is going to 2 high schools. This creates for more chaos and more organization on my part. I finally bought myself a bulletin board (haven't had one for a year) and have vowed that I WILL get organized! The house has been in disarray this summer and I have piles of papers stacked here and there, just waiting to be sorted through. For my own sanity, I MUST get organized this school year!
So here I sit in a quiet house with the only sounds being the whirl of the ceiling fan and a little rustle here or there coming from Gus-Gus's cage in the girls' room. I feel a little sad. A little lonely, missing my kids and hoping they are okay. I like peace and quiet, but I sense these days of having a house full of kids slowly slipping by, and I don't like that. I don't want to work today. I can't even focus. This peace and quiet is driving me crazy. I would much rather have a house full of kids...fighting and all!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment