
First family temple trip to the DC temple, first time Pierce got to do baptisms, my first time helping in the font all equals a glorious day. It was cold and rainy, and bless our friend's heart for taking Gretel and Christian around the temple grounds while the rest of us were inside. Even though the temple is 3.5-4 hours away, I love the drive there. I have told Ryan multiple times that I would just love to live in the neighborhood near the temple, in Kensington, Maryland. I completely adore it. It is gorgeous, green, lush, full of walking/biking trails, charming houses and shops everywhere you turn, and who wouldn't want to live near such a breathtaking temple? Seriously, it took my breath away the second we drove up and saw it, even though I had seen it before, this time was special. I was so excited for the kids to see it, and the spires were naturally glowing so brilliantly, even on a cloudy day. It is simply beautiful. As a mother, one of the precious moments that will be etched in my mind forever is when I was able to wrap up Gwen, then Pierce, (then Ryan) in a clean, white towel after they participated in the Lord's work.


First youth temple trip, September 17, 2011
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
Hooray! 2 you can take to the temple! That must feel so good. Harrison will be 12 next summer! Such a handsome family.
Post a Comment