Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, September 9, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Puffs

Photobucket
Each fall I am on the lookout for new pumpkin recipes. You just can't go wrong with pumpkin, at least that is my experience thus far. A few years ago it was Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, a recipe that quickly made it to the top of my "favorites" list. The next year it was Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins, another win-win recipe and a staple in our house ever since (both recipes, along with many other pumpkin recipes on me and my sisters' blog, Delicious Dales). But since then I haven't been very adventurous in my baking with pumpkin. Until now.

Have you ever tried Pumpkin Cream Puffs? The idea popped in my head a few days ago. I love cream puffs. I was raised on cream puffs, so to speak. My mom has probably made thousands of homemade cream puffs through the years, but especially when I was younger when she had her catering business. I have fond memories of watching her make the cream puff dough, and stood by her side many a times helping to stir, hold something, or just to learn through her example. Sweet or savory, nothing beats a good cream puff.

So I went to Allrecipes, and of course, there was one recipe for Pumpkin Cream Puffs. I decided to try it, with a few alterations. I was a little worried they weren't going to taste that great...but the verdict was unanimous--they were delicious! Even Ryan liked them and said a couple times they were really good. He is not one for rich or overly-sweet desserts, which this one is not, so I think that's why he enjoyed them.

If you are looking for a new recipe to kick off Fall Baking Season 2011, or if you are planning on doing a little entertaining this fall, I really think this recipe would be something fun, easy, and different to try! And one thing I love about cream puffs-they are always pleasing to the eye, especially when drizzled with chocolate or dusted with confectioners sugar and then placed on a doily-lined tray or cake stand (something my mama is famous for Ü). I am happy to say that the making of cream puffs is being passed down to my children, especially my little Iron Chef Christian (he told me that's what he wants to be when he grows up) who was by my side the whole time.

Recipe HERE at Delicious Dales.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh hurray! I'm so glad there is a new pumpkin recipe! Thank you! I did the doily-lined tray recently at a girl's day, and I got a few comments about how cute it was! Love Mom! It makes me smile every time I do something she does. I truly love the new WWJD that Andy made up. WHAT WOULD JUDI DO? It is my new motto to live by!!

Erika said...

I love that!!!! So funny. Good one Andy!

WheelersFamily said...

Yum! Defintely making these! I need to follow your food blog. I need some new idea's.

The Tyler's said...

My mouth is watering...