Life as the wife of a medical student is not all roses. I'm sure you all know that, especially those of you who have gone through it yourselves. There is the good. There is the bad. And yes, there is even the ugly. Luckily I have four children, two jobs, and three church callings to keep me occupied which makes time FLY and keeps me from sitting at home with nothing to do, moping and depressed. Although...I have to admit there have been days where I have wanted to crawl back in bed, pull the covers over my head, and stay there for a very, very long time. But, life must go on, and so I forge onwards and forwards and time continues to march on by. Can there really only be 8 weeks until Christmas break? I love having a husband in school. I love seeing him learn more and more, and it's pretty cool stuff. It's great to think that one day he will use all this knowledge and experience to help others. Ryan is so dedicated to his classes and is actually taking a big microbiology test right now as I speak. I admire him for how he juggles things so well...I am continually learning how to do the same. It's easy to get bogged down with life and all the many different things I have on my plate right now. Life has never been more of a challenge than it is right now, but I wouldn't trade these hard times for easier ones. Yes, sometimes I wish I didn't have to work two jobs, but scrubbing other people's toilets keeps me humble and the transcription keeps my mind active and gives me self-worth. And, how else are we to keep up with the needs of four growing children? The Lord has provided a way for me to help provide for my family, and so I must go and do, and in exchange he blesses our family with what we need.
So here's a little something funny to lighten up this post courtesy of Ryan's iphone...a couple of his comrades one morning at a lecture. So funny. I would probably do the same if I had to sit for hours on end listening to someone lecture! Bless the future doctors of America. Ü
(By the way, Ryan just texted me that he got 100 on his test. Boo-yah! Onwards and forwards!)


Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
Good to see you again, Erika! So glad all is well and busy. I love your positive attidude. That is really all it takes, isn't it. If you get lemons, make lemonade. (not that you have lemons, but you know what I mean. Anything can be a lemon if you look at it that way!)I love knowing people who do that continually! Makes life so sweet. I hope I don't have the problem they were learning about in class that day!! So funny.
What a strong and capable woman you are! Your children will remember this when they come upon obstacles and you will look back and feel grateful that you gave them such a great example to follow! You are woman hear you roar!!
Post a Comment