Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmastime is here!

Man oh man, where does the time go?! Here we are in December, Christmas decorations are up and once again we are all enjoying the music and ambiance of the most wonderful time of the year! I'm trying really hard to make it "feel" like Christmas in our home, despite the warm weather we've been having. I really don't miss the cold and snow, but sometimes I miss the wonderful Christmassy feelings that having snow brings. We are all looking forward to lots of good things this month. Once again, I am trying to simplify our Christmas in every way. It's not easy. My thoughts are much on family these days and how much they mean to us, especially around the holidays when their company is greatly missed.

Thanksgiving break was one of the best weekends we've had in a long time...very rejuvinating. Ryan is preparing for his finals, already applying to take his Step 1 Boards (which he takes at the end of his 2nd year in the spring), and before we know it he will be starting clinical rotations the beginning of July. Much to look forward to, and it is so exciting for both of us to be on the brink of all these important things.

Here are a few recent pics (including the frozen macaroni and cheese) of our Thanksgiving dinner at the church, including our visit to the Cape Henry lighthouses (yes, there are two side by side!)  Happy Christmas.
Photobucket
The NEW Cape Henry lighthouse, in use currently so we could not tour it
Photobucket
The OLD Cape Henry lighthouse, the first one built by the United States!
Photobucket
Christmas card photo this year--told you I am simplifying! Who needs the stress of a formal photo session? Not me. This was taken at the top of the Old lighthouse, overlooking the new
Photobucket
I always think to myself, if I were to die tomorrow, would my kids have a picture of us together, would they know how much I love them? So these are my efforts to get a picture with each of my kids...none of them were up for it, as you can see!
Photobucket
Photobucket
OK, I lied...so it's just the teenagers who weren't up for it!
Photobucket
Guy Smilie!
Photobucket
Of course Pierce had to find a way to climb the thing
Photobucket
It was a beautiful and warm weekend
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rock solid! Bless Sis. Jacks' heart.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The clean-up crew
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Noah said...

I think it's a great Christmas card photo!! I wanted to do that last month when we went but couldn't find anyone to take our picture...maybe because it was raining :(
Cute pics..love you guys.

Noah said...

Oops..it's me Jill.