Match Day was a blast. The day was buzzing with excitement from the moment we woke up. We had so much fun dressing up. We got lots of looks from Ryan's fellow classmates. Some said they couldn't believe how old his kids are. I think most of them had no idea of the life he leads, especially since he looks so young for his age. It's always fun to see people's reaction when they find out he has a 16-year-old daughter. After all the skits and entertainment, we all opened our envelopes at 1:00 pm. I thought I was going to be sick, surprised at how nervous I was. We pretty much knew where we were going but all the anticipation made us a little crazy. I can't say that we were surprised when we opened the envelope, just relieved and very happy. Ryan knew from the very beginning of his interview in Temple, TX, that that was the program for him. He called me that day back in December asking me how I'd feel moving to Texas. I knew by the sound in his voice that he had pretty much made up his mind, and he hadn't even finished all his interviews yet. So, Temple it is! I was able to take 2 short trips out to Temple since he interviewed....looking at schools, housing, meeting many of the LDS residents and doctors who work there, and it always felt comfortable and somehow we just knew it would all come to fruition. We even signed a contract to build a house back in January, a leap of faith, but it felt right. We are looking forward to spending the next 5 years in Texas!
![]() |
| Our family got interviewed and Ryan made it on the news that night. |
















1 comments:
I have a really good friend whose husband is in his final year of residency in Temple! Please let me know if you'd like her contact info to ask her about Temple living. I've visited her once, and it looks like a great place to live. Congrats on the match!!
Post a Comment