
Do you ever feel like your belly has gotten so big that it can do a bellydance all on its own? You know its bad when your 5 year old thinks you're pregnant and you're not. I've come to the realization that my body will never be exactly how I'd like it to be, but something must be done. These extra pounds have been hanging on my body long enough. January and February wreaked havoc on my body and now it's high time I do something about it. It's not just the fact that I want to fit in my clothes without having the big bulge over my waistline, but its more than that. I want to feel good MENTALLY, and I want to do all I can to be HEALTHY. They say having that extra fat in the middle (tummy) makes you at higher risk for heart disease. I don't want heart disease, or any other problems for that matter that are associated with being overweight. I want to be healthy, grow old, and watch my grandkids grow up. I need to start now. Any one else care to join me? If so, say "I" and sign below. This makes us obligated to do it! I'm writing this for all the world to see so I have that commitment. Now I know this isn't easy. I know some people's metabolism, etc. just doesn't work like others does. But we can try can't we? We need to stop with the emotional eating, get rid of the old habits (you know which ones I'm talking about-the ice cream late at night, the chocolate stash, sneaking food so your husband won't see)stop using excuses, and get our mind, body, and spirit motivated to make some changes! (I found an awesome website you have to see www.thefitshack.com) I'm going to check back with all of you in a month and see what kind of progress we've made. I'd love to hear what you've been doing to be more healthy. So here we go:
-I now pledge to keep track of EVERYTHING I eat each day. (I will keep a notebook handy on the kitchen counter where I can always see it) I will not exceed 1500 calories a day (if you know weight watchers you can do points, or get a calorie counter-probably one online).
-I now pledge to weigh myself once a week, at the same time each week and record it on my calendar.(I know weight isn't everything, but it's a way to see how these healthy choices are affecting your body. Make a weight goal if you wish.)
-I now pledge to exercise at least 30 mins. each day, 5 times a week. (I'm going to walk 3 miles on treadmill or outside each day-takes 42 mins-I find it's easier to do it first thing in the morning after the kids have gone to school, and after I blog of course! (Ryan just informed me that now that school's out for him, we are going running each morning together)I will also do crunches and push-ups twice a day-morning and night-that's my regimen)
-I now pledge to not eat anything past 8 pm.
-I now pledge to stop buying all the processed food and make healthier choices. I will eat more fruits and vegetables!
-I now pledge to drink 8 glasses of water each day. (I'm going to keep lots of water bottles in my fridge so they're cold and ready to go when I want one.)Mark in your notebook each time you drink a bottle/glass.
These are all things we know we should be doing, and I know they're easier said than done. The truth is, I feel better about myself when I don't have the extra weight weighing me down. I feel like I can do more things, I have more self-confidence, I can feel cute and healthy, and I must admit the hubby isn't disappointed. So I'm going to stop being lazy, and start doing something about it! Feel free to come along for the ride-we can do it!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
AMEN!
Post a Comment