
To take vitamins or not to take vitamins-that is the question. I like to take vitamins because I feel like I don't get enough from the foods I eat. Mentally I feel like I'm doing my body good when I take vitamins. So what vitamins should I be taking? Well, I always take a "Women's One-a-day" but even that doesn't have enough of certain vitamins and minerals, so I've added some on to my list. I know it's not very fun taking a ton of vitamins each day-some of them do not feel very good as they scratch their way down, but I really feel like they are a good thing and that I should be doing anything I can that will benefit my body. Here is a list of some vitamins I've been taking or will be buying this morning at Wal-mart:
-CALCIUM-for obvious reasons, it's so good, A MUST!
-CHROMIUM-regulates blood sugar levels, helps metabolize carbs & fats, lowers cholesterol, promotes weight loss
-CoQ10-clinically shown to do a bunch of good things for heart, blood pressure, reduces risk of breast cancer, increases metabolic efficiency to fight weight gain, etc. I'm going to get this one!
-GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)-omega-6 essential fatty acid: lowers cholesterol (LDL levels), lowers blood pressure, prevents blockage and hardening of arteries, offsets degenerative signs of aging, helps arthritis, asthma, and MS. May help PMS.
-VITAMIN E-fat soluble, lowers cholesterol, prevents heart attacks, cataracts, decreases risk of stroke. Enhances immune system.
-Biotin-Helps metabolism of fats, carbs, and proteins; promotes healthy hair.
-VITAMIN B Complex-helps metabolic function, relieves PMS, prevents skin disorders, helps depression & forgetfulness, stimulates healthy intestinal and bowel function, prevents moodiness, restlessness, irritability, insomnia, and fatigue, and many other good things. THIS ONE'S A MUST FOR ME!
-ZINC-this is supposed to be good for acne, but if you don't have any acne than don't worry about it.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
It all sounds good. I need to add some of those things to my collection. I also take Flax seed oil. It's good for just about everything. Good info on Flax on about.com. I think it's better to take just what you think you need rather that a multi. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaking of flax seed, I found a yummy cereal with flax that I'm hooked on. It's Kashi's GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flax. It's loaded with protein, fiber, and omega-3 and it tastes really good!
Post a Comment