Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, May 2, 2008

Water Wisdom


My goal is to drink 8 glasses of water each day, but to be honest, I haven't reached that goal yet. I've gotten up to 6, and they say 6-8 is good, but I still want to drink 8 since that's what I pledged to do below! (And I'm going to drink pure water, no other drinks like Crystal light that some say counts for water. Crystal light is bad for you in my opinion) We all know that water is totally essential since 65-70% of our body weight is water. I was reading in "The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet" and found some interesting facts about water.
-Water naturally suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
-Studies have shown that if we decrease our water intake our fat deposits will increase.
-Our liver and kidneys can't function properly without enough water-the liver cannot metabolize fats as quickly and efficiently-weight loss stops if there's not enough water.
-Water maintains moisture in the body; it transports oxygen to the blood and helps carry nutrients through the blood.
-Water is essential to fat metabolism. The more you weigh, the more water you need. An even mildly dehydrated body will cause a 3% drop in baseline metabolism resulting in the gain of one pound of fat every six months.
-A dehydrated body will also provoke the development of aging, inflammatory compounds.
-Dehydration is a major cause of fatigue.
-Water flushes wastes from the body.
-Water will decrease inflammation in the body

So there you have it-plenty of really good reasons to get chugging!

0 comments: