
We have a rule in our house- no computer on Sunday. HOWEVER, there is an exception to this rule. Since Ryan leaves each Sunday morning at 8:00 for meetings, that leaves me by my lonesome to get the kids ready. Our ward doesn't meet until 11:00, so some Sunday mornings there's some extra time where the kids get bored before church. For this reason I allowed an exception to this rule of no computer. I didn't want to be totally strict and make my kids hate Sundays, so I said, ok, you can do 2 things on the computer. You can either type in your journal or paint. This works well. The two older kids are so bored sometimes, that their boredom will make them go and type in their journal! The painting occurs mostly with the 2 younger ones. I was pleasantly surprised this last Sunday to hear Gretel say, "Mom, come look what I made!" So I tore myself away from putting my make-up "mask" on, and went and looked at what she did. She had made this beautiful picture of herself. No help from anyone. She had a big grin on her face and was so proud of herself. I was very proud of her too. She's a sweet girl. She made sure we saved the picture so she could keep it.
As I went back to my make-up, her picture automatically made me think of the following scripture. This is one of my favorites. I need this as a constant reminder, and thank you Gretel for reminding me of what's important.
1 Sam. 16:7
But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment