We just got back from an incredible, short vacation to Busterback Ranch in Idaho, which is near Sun Valley. Ryan has some relatives in southern California who own the ranch, Tom and Elizabeth, and they invited all of Ryan's family to come up for a visit. The ranch was BEAUTIFUL!! Every where you turned it was picturesque. It's located in the Sawtooth valley, so we had a beautiful view of the Sawtooth mountains. Everything on the ranch was first-class, including our cabin we stayed in. Tom and Elizabeth were so accommodating and such a pleasure to be around. We always had something to do, and I think the kids were in heaven! They didn't want to leave, and neither did Ryan and I. We haven't been on a vacation like this one, ever, and we really enjoyed ourselves.
The first day we got there we took the 4-wheelers out and took a ride on some trails that led to a river. The next day we went to Redfish Lake (incredibly beautiful-surrounded by mountains covered with trees) and went boating and hung out on the beach for most of the day. We had a blast tubing-yes, I went tubing, it's not really my thing in my old age, but my sisters-in-law talked me into it and we had so much fun! (the tube has seats for 3 people) It was fun screaming, laughing, and getting whipped around together. On our last day, Tom and Elizabeth treated us all to a horseback ride. My kids have not had the opportunity to ride a horse yet, so they were absolutely thrilled that they got to ride one! Christian didn't go with us, but Gretel, Gwen, and Pierce did. They did really well on their horses. I was especially proud of Gretel-I was worried she might be afraid or not know how to handle the horse, but I rode in back of her on my horse the whole time and was so proud of her confidence and how she handled her horse with ease. It was such a treat to do this-who knows when we would have gone and done it if it weren't for this trip. I'm still a little saddle-sore, but boy was it worth it.
All in all, this was an amazing trip and I'm really thankful we got to go together as a family and spend time with Ryan's family. We've made some memories that we will treasure. This trip definitely made our summer. Good times!!!The entrance to the ranch
Our cozy cabin
We had the most comfy bed I've ever slept on!
The perfect back patio. This is where we ate all our meals and hung out. We sat at tables on the lawn and listened to the stream that ran through the yard as we ate. So tranquil.
We're in heaven!
Just saddlin' up to the bar for a little Jack Daniels Ü
Our acrobat
There is beauty all around!
Our bookworm dipping her feet in the pond
The kids loved the big bulls on the front lawn-especially climbing on them!
Christian's first game of Croquet
Our Tilly-girl taking a breather outside our cabin
Elizabeth offered us her 4-wheelers to ride the trails
Cruisin'!
Serenity!
Pool girl
Stud Muffin!!
Ryan teaching Pierce how to wake board
Annie the horse
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









4 comments:
Looks so nice! What a fun vacation! Nothing like the great outdoors! Your new family pictures are sooooo nice! You look great and I love your colors! Glad you had a good time as a family-with your extended family too!
I'm homesick looking at your pictures. Looks like our old neck of the woods. I'm so happy you got to have such a fun time! Nothing like spending good days wih the family.
Looks like you had a blast. You have such a cute family. I love your family pictures. You look so beautiful.
Thanks Christina!! I wish you lived here so you could have taken our picture for us-I love your work! We just had our bro-in-law take them in the park. It was high time we had a recent one taken of us!
Post a Comment