Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Did You Know?

Did you know that one of the number one causes of computer problems is dust in your computer? A guy in our ward owns a computer shop and informed Ryan of this. So today (Monday) Ryan got out of school early and decided to clean the office (it needed it desperately!)and the computer. He took the side cover off the tower and we were totally amazed at all the dust that had built up inside our computer! We've had this computer a couple of years and have never cleaned it before, but I am so totally convinced now to clean it a lot more often than that! They are like magnets to dust, and suck it right inside. We got the vacuum out and sucked up what we could. We didn't have any of that canned air, so Ry got his air compressor hose and ran it from the garage into the office window. You would not believe how much dust was flying! The office was one big cloud of dust, and it just kept coming, big chunks of dust and everything. So no wonder our computer has been freezing up a lot lately and the fan has been going on so often. The poor computer just couldn't function properly with all that dust. Computers will even get fried if they get too overheated. So I just wanted to share this with you FYI. I didn't know this, so I'm sure there's someone else out there who doesn't know it either! Buy some canned air today and clean yours-it's really easy, and kind of fun to get it all clean again! (but if it's really dirty I recommend taking it outside!) Our computer runs beautifully now-it's so quiet! I've noticed a big difference. Who would have thought?

0 comments: