Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, September 12, 2008

100th Post!

So I just realized that this is my 100th post! I'm fairly new to blogging--I started in March of this year. Wow, what have I been blabbing about all this time to make up 100 posts??? I know some have been a little silly, maybe annoying and a little ridiculous, but that's me. I like to write about whatever. I like having this record of our daily life.

Well today I don't really have much to say. I can't think of anything interesting that's going on. I'm looking at my calendar to see if there's anything exciting happening this weekend, and what we've got is: Nothing tonight--Ryan and I won't be going out because he needs to study for a Cell Biology test he's taking tomorrow (apparently it's a killer-takes like 4 hours to take) so me and the kids will probably end up watching a movie (I just got Runaway Bride-one of my all-time fav's). Then tomorrow is my nephew's baptism. Sunday is church. Ya, that's about it! Pretty exciting, I know.

So all I have today is this fabulous picture I received via email from "Cottage Living". Yes, my dream is to someday live in a little cottage in the woods (Edward & Bella's will do--maybe not so rustic Ü). I love this picture because I love Autumn and I love pumpkins and I wish I could get my porch looking like this! Don't you just love it?

4 comments:

Afton said...

That is beautiful, but probably about $300 worth of pumpkins and squash (If you buy them from the store). One year we had a volunteer pumpkin plant grow in our garden and we got 10 big pumpkins. That was the closest we ever came to having a front porch that looked as festive and pretty.

Erika said...

I know, pumpkins can be expensive. Pierce grew a pumpkin plant he got at scouts and it has one pumpkin on it that's kind of deformed, so not much luck growing them this year! I've been buying artificial ones lately--they look real and they'll last forever. Target has some really cool ones.

Emily said...

Hi Erika,

Thanks for the comment. You are more than welcome to Blog hop. Sounds like God told you to get rid of the "house" too. I love living this life so much. It is so fufilling. I really feel an odd connection with the past as well. Isn't this how our grandmothers lived? We did it because God said it was time. Taking giant leaps changes us forever...don't you agree. By the way, I hated cleaning all the bathrooms too, and my boys pee outside all the time lol!
Emily

Heather said...

Will I ever get to 100? I'm too slow and preoccupied! When I saw that picture I felt that familiar feeling, that cozy autumn feeling like curling up with a mug of hot cocoa and a blanket on a brisk, frosty morning. Ahhhhhhhh. I tried to buy a lot of pumpkins last year (our first fall in new house) and couln't bring myself to spend enough for the full effect. Maybe this year-I like the basket idea because you can fake it by filling it up with whatever and then just put your pumkins on top!? Love the house, I just subscribed to Cottage Living!