Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, September 15, 2008

I Know it's Early, But What Do You Think?

For some reason I really want to dress up this Halloween. Ryan and I don't dress up every year, we usually only do it if there's a party to go to. So I've been thinking of what would be fun and these are some options I came up with (hopefully Ryan will be game-he's a good sport to just go along with things):

1. Sonny & Cher: self-explanatory, it would be fun to be a hippy

2. Jamie & Claire: Okay, these are characters from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Yes, I know, these are harsh books. I don't know how I made it through them, but I did, and I totally love the storyline and will never forget Jamie and Claire. I learned a lot historically through reading these books and loved to see how they made it through and survived. To me there is no other romance like Jamie and Claire's--EVER. (The first 2 songs on my playlist remind me of the books--they are perfect for when Jamie and Claire were apart all those years, and Jamie was living in the cave.)

3. Nacho Libre & Encarnacion:I thought that since we love this movie so much, and since Ryan already has a mask from Mexico, and since I've always wanted to be a nun (only for Halloween, of course), that this would be fun.

4. Pocahontas & John Smith: I think Indians are cool, and since I kind of have the hair, why not?




(Jamie & Claire (I know this picture doesn't show much of them, but I absolutely love it! Lallybroch I love you! The costume would be a scottish kilt for Ry and I have an old renaissance-looking dress that would work for me. I even have Claire's ring-I'm crazy, I know!)











6 comments:

Heather said...

I like the Sunny and Cher idea but have you been hippies before? Can't remember. It is perfect for both of you! But, I'd love to see Ryan gain 100 lbs. and put on tights. You would make a good Nun. I actually have been looking for something for Kel and I to be! Any suggestions? We have to go to Decades in SLC! Tons of Sunny and Cher...

Erika said...

No, we haven't been hippies yet. Ya, for the nacho ryan would probably just wear some sweats, a cape, and his mask. OR, he could wear a monk's robe and put on a wig and fake mustache. After listening to my Outlander music, I kind of want to see him in a kilt! Ü

Afton said...

I vote for the kilt all the way. I LOVED the Outlander series too and agree with what you said about them. I sometimes really want to recommend these books to people, but hesitate because of some of the content. But they are soooooooo good!

You could dress up as Claire when she went to see Louis the XIV in that red dress with all the crazy make up? How about Claire as a 1940's British army nurse?

Can't wait to see pictures.

Erika said...

Ooooh! Thanks for the ideas Afton! I didn't even think of those. Ya, there's something about a man in a kilt......I'll leave it at that. Ü

Dorri said...

Camille dressed little Josh up as Nacho Libre 2 yrs ago for halloween, too cute. I think if you look at her blog, back to Oct/nov 2006 she has some pictures of the twins in their costumes. I'd go for the sonny & cher idea. Though you could always do Edward & Bella, make Ryan wear a blond wig.

Nikki said...

Nacho all the way is my vote!!! Especially since he has the mask!