Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peace of Mind

Three years ago we bought a fireproof safe to put all our important papers in like passports, car titles, SS cards, birth certificates, kids immunization records, insurance info, bank info, picture CD's, extra cash, you catch my drift. I really like having a safe! It makes me feel safe (ha ha). So I went online, and couldn't get on the company we bought ours from, so I found one just FYI on www.buy.com that's similar to ours, for about the same price. It's called the Sentry Fireproof Safe for $33.40, and this includes the shipping fee, just in case you're interested. I know Walmart and office stores carry some, but they may be bigger and more pricey. For us this fits our needs perfectly and I wouldn't be without it! So if ever there was an emergency and we had to leave quickly, we could just grab the safe and know that we at least had all our important info. Just something to think about if you don't already have something. Some safes are even waterproof which would be an added bonus in the event of flooding. I even saw one that opened only by your fingerprint--reminded me of National Treasure or Mission Impossible. Anyway, just another way to be a little more prepared!

2 comments:

Afton said...

Bought it! Thanks also for the list of items you include. I wouldn't have thought of picture CD's but that makes perfect sense. With the natural disasters that have been hitting communities all over the US, I've wanted something I could grab if we had to evac quickly. All our stuff is "hidden" in different places and I don't even know where it all is. I think my husband feels that if it's easy for us to grab and go, it would be easy for an intruder to also grab, and then they would have everything. Anyway, I think home intruder is probably less likely these days than natural disaster, so he will just have to get on board with the fireproof safe! :)

Erika said...

Yea Afton!! Hey, I just went and bought that Downeast dress! It is so cute, and it fits pretty well except I may need to pin the top-it might be a tad too low. The picture online looks a little more brighter orange than the dress actually is, but it's still a cute color-so festive for autumntime! So guess what I'll be wearing to church this Sunday?! (downeast took the dress off their website-they're probably waiting until they get more in)