Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Things on my Mind...

-laundry
-what to make for dinner tonight
-paying bills
-practicing piano (Gwen has a violin book recital coming up that I need to accompany her on-those Suzuki pieces are killers-this book has 6 of them!)
-cute dress at Downeast (it's orange-sooo cute!)
-food storage
-need to clean bathroom
-the kids
-visiting teaching
-Gretel's upcoming birthday party (don't mean to be a party pooper, but kids' birthday parties are such a hassle, but this will be Gretel's first "friend" party, so I figure we should at least let her have one, right?)
-How I need to get all these photos I had developed put away in the kids' photo albums-they've been sitting out a long time cluttering up my nightstand.(I don't scrapbook, just do photo albums)
-Ryan ♥ (we need a date!)
-exercise
-food
-violin practice w/girls
-if the Angela's peaches are ready yet to can-need to call Pettingills Fruit Stand
-the book I'm reading (The Red Tent--it's good! I wish I could go curl back up in bed and read all day)
-how I wish I could get away and go on a trip
-the fish bowl is dirty-really dirty-need to clean it-but if the fish die, oh well, one less thing to worry about
-my medical transcription
-Girl's Night tonight

...the list could go on and on. There never seems to be enough time in the day. I guess I need to get off this computer and get busy.

3 comments:

Afton said...

Are you referring to the Hyde Park Dress? (I get the catalog) because if you are...super cute.

Many of the things you listed were things I was NOT thinking of, but now am. Hmmm, lots to do.

miss kitti said...

Totally overwhelming. I hope you get through it all.

I LOVED The Red Tent -can't wait to hear what you think.

I'm glad you get a Girl's Night. They are so important for sanity. Have fun!

Erika said...

Afton-yes that's the dress! Don't you just love Downeast Basics? They have some really cute stuff and their prices are just up my alley! I'll probably go to Downeast tomorrow when I do my weekly Walmart run. We'll see if I like the dress ON (that's always a different story!)

Kitti-I'm really liking the Red Tent--so interesting!! It makes you think and put yourself in the character's positions. They had to have felt that way! Sometimes I think of biblical/scriptural people always being perfect, but they were human just like us. They had emotions too. Anyway, I'm 1/2 way through--it's getting good. And yes, I'm looking forward to Girls night--I need to get out, and I need some yummy Costa Vida! (that's where we're going)