We had a busy, yet fun weekend. Friday night we were among the millions of people who went to see High School Musical 3. I so enjoy taking the kids to the movies, and we had a great time. We are big High School musical fans, and we really enjoyed #3. It was some really fun, wholesome entertainment. We were happy to see how it all ended. I even got teary-eyed at the end. Graduation from high school is an emotional thing. I think I'll be a blubbering mess when my kids graduate!! I know that when this comes out on DVD it will be added to our collection to be viewed a zillion times!
Saturday, Ryan spent the morning with his AED club and then went and studied all afternoon until dinnertime, meanwhile me and the kids spent the morning at the church practicing for our primary program. After our practice and pizza party, me and the girls headed to Brigham City for a Suzuki Violin Play-In. This is where all the Northern Utah violin students who are in Suzuki get together and play many of the songs they've learned together. Most of the kids dressed up in their costumes, but mine didn't. They have to get in those costumes 3 times this week, so to make my life easier they didn't wear them. But it was fun to see the costumes, and the teachers did some fun stuff with the kids. Saturday night we did some pumpkin carving, and then I roasted the seeds. For once they actually tasted good to me. It's taken me this long to master the roasting of pumpkin seeds, I'm not quite sure why! So we sat and munched on pumpkin seeds while watching Napolean Dynamite together.
Sunday was our primary program. As primary pianist, this is something I look forward to each year. It's always a miracle to me how it always turns out, never fail. Our practice was kind of a disaster Saturday, but Sunday it all went perfectly. I always insist that my kids memorize their parts, because that's how I was raised, and it's so much more pleasant to listen to if they're not reading. I was so proud that my kids did it. Gwen sang with a group of girls her age "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". She also played a violin obligato along with that, and it was precious. So needless to say, I was a very proud mom yesterday.
So the weekend is over, and today is a new day. I'm in the process of getting the kids to do their music practice, and once they leave for school I'm off to the costume shop to pick up Ryan's costume for our ward party tomorrow night. I'm so excited. What will he be, I wonder? Stay tuned to find out later.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
Sounds like a busy weekend. Our primary program isn't until the 15th of Nov. This year the sunbeams are all singing "I Am a Child of God" and that's it, no speaking parts. I'm a little sad because last year Miss Magoo was so sad that she wasn't in primary yet and we promised her that this year she'd get to have a part, but I'm also a little bit relieved too because it's one less thing to stress over. We have been practicing the words to the songs like crazy at home, I've made a cd of the music so we can listen in the car. So far Miss Magoo is doing great with the words. But she does like to add her own little flair to each song, and that worries me.
Oh and you gotta post pictures of you family in their costumes, can't wait.
We can't wait to see High School Musical 3! I am soo glad that you guys liked it! Sounds like a busy weekend, but a fun one.
Post a Comment