Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, December 5, 2008

Popsicle Sticks


A couple days ago Christian was trying to make something out of my wooden skewers. He was taping them together and said he was making a stable. Well, that didn't work too well. SO, yesterday we went to Walmart and purchased a bag of popsicle, or craft sticks. When he and the other kids got home from school they were automatically drawn to that bag of sticks they saw laying on the kitchen table! They were actually fighting over them! Who would have thought? If I would have known, I would have bought another bag. Christian decided he was going to use the hot glue gun to make his stable. So he worked very diligently on his stable all evening. The kids fought over the glue gun too, and Gwen burned her finger. It's not one of the really hot guns, thank goodness, or that could have been a disaster. So anyway, Christian finished his stable and I told him we needed to find some people to put in it. He knew right away which people we could use. Last year I found a nativity on ebay that is exactly like the one we had growing up. My parents still have it to this day, and I always wanted one like it, so I tried ebay and sure enough, there it was. You can find anything on ebay. So Christian arranged all the figures in and around his stable and they fit perfectly. He was grinning from ear to ear. I thought it was cute that he wanted to make a stable of all the things he could have chosen to make. Doesn't it make you so happy when your kids know and appreciate the true meaning of Christmas? When they just get it? I bought that Nativity DVD that's out at Walmart also yesterday and can't wait to watch it tonight. We have very few Christmas movies that have to do with the actual birth of Christ that I was anxious to get this one, to make it more real for my kids. Thanks for the recommendation Heather Ü.

Speaking of ebay, I found something really good on there this morning, something that I am giving as gifts this year for my siblings and parents. I'm so excited, because I really didn't know what to get for them up until the little revelation I had this morning when I woke up. I won't give it away, all I'll say is it's something very rare and hard to find these days, and asks the question, "What can I give you this Christmas?"

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmmmmmm? Now you got my curiosity sparked? What could it be? Well, that stable is quite impressive! You have some boys who follow after their father! Very sweet. Love Chrissy!

Erika said...

Oh good, I didn't give it away! It's something from our childhood.

Page said...

FYI, I used your blog's playlist for background music at our holiday party last night! Thanks for the wonderful Christmas music!!

Erika said...

You're welcome Page! I'm so glad you like it!!