Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

♥ It!


I got the L.L.Bean catalog the other day, along with several others, and couldn't help but look through them--temptation, I know. Especially now when I'm trying so hard to be good. Well, I came across this little ensemble. Is it cute or what? (ignore the scribbles on it--sometimes I get a little excited) If I had money I could be so cute! Yes, this outfit doesn't come cheap--Wellies $59, Trench $139. But I love the off-white, love the polka-dots, even love the shirt. I'd love to live somewhere where it rains a lot so I'd have an excuse to dress like this. I love it when I come across things that I know are just me, exactly what I like and suit exactly who I am. So since I can't buy it, I can at least drool over it, right? Anyone else share my same tastes?

3 comments:

Afton said...

When you move to Oregon... :)

I have a pair of polka dotted boots (not real Wellies) that I got for $19 at Fred Meyer (awesome everything store you will learn about when you move here...)

As for the trench, check LL Bean's sale section in about 3 months and I bet it will be down to $59. You will still get a lot of use out of it when you move to Oregon because we still get rain in April and May. And June, but after that it's all sunshine all the time!

I love the circles.

By the way, I've actually been tossing catalogs into the recycle bin with out even opening them lately just to avoid having to deal with the "I could be so cute if only" feelings that I get from looking at Eddie Bauer. Besides, I will need much smaller sizes of everything by summer, so I may as well save my money til then, right?

You too!

Erika said...

Afton- I love Eddie Bauer, especially when they send their 20% off promotional code like they did with their recent spring catalog! So tempting! But I think I'll wait until summer, like you said. They'll have even more new cute stuff out by then anyway.

Heather said...

I LOVE Wellies! I guess I'm afraid to buy a pair thinking I'll never wear them but today, it's raining! I love it! We haven't had rain FOREVER! Everytime I see a picture of Martha Stewart in her Wellies, out in her garden, I think, I need some because they look so cute! Also, J.Crew-the guys look great in them too! There are all kinds of cute patterns I think I'd have a hard time choosing one!