Okay, I know I'm crazy for posting this, but I think I need to. I'm putting everything out in the open. After calculating my weight and BMI and being in the "overweight" category, I feel that something needs to be done. Now I know that how much we weigh doesn't really mean a whole lot sometimes, and that the BMI can be a bunch of bull, but this is what I'm going on this time around. As we know, a lot of health problems can be contributed to being overweight--back problems, knee problems, feet problems, heart problems, etc. I don't know if my hip problem I've had for the past couple of months is related to my weight, but it can't hurt to lose a little. I haven't been to the doctor, but after reading online I diagnosed myself with hip bursitis Ü. All the symptoms are there, and I read that one of the things that can help is to lose weight if you are overweight. I don't know if this will heal on its own, usually it takes a shot of cortisone, but I feel unhealthy having this problem and it makes me want to get healthy! I don't want to add anymore problems to the list.
SOOOO, I went on www.fridgegraph.com and created this graph where I will calculate my weightloss weekly. I am giving myself until my birthday in April to reach my goal. In order to be very safely out of the overweight category, I will need to lose 15 pounds. You are all my witnesses and having this out in the open like this will hopefully keep me in line! I know this won't be easy, but I know I need to do it for my own health and happiness. Anyone who wants to join me, come on! Who doesn't want to be healthy? Who doesn't want to look hot in some cute little capris this summer? Who wants to feel good in a swimsuit when you take the kids swimming? 
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









7 comments:
Yeah Erika! We here in Layton have been walking almost daily (mon-fir)for 45 minutes! It is making me feel good! I need to drop a good 10 lbs myself. I also need to stop eating crap! I went on a rampage and chucked a bunch of candy, etc. Chris had bursitis in his shoulders last year. It did go away after a few months, but it was REALLY painful for him. Hopefully, your efforts will be enough to get rid of it, but if you're exercising that might exacerbate it more! Maybe the shot would be the ticket to calm it down and get you back on track! Good luck. I'm with you!
Nikki
Ya, running and my hip don't mix too well right now. It doesn't hurt during the running, just the rest of the day (and night)! Needless to say I made an appointment and hope my Doc can figure it out. It's times like this I wish Ryan was practicing already!
you are braver than I
Believe me, I was very hesitant to put my weight out in the open for all eyes to see!
Eye of the Tiger ROCKS! Nice touch! You can do it Erika! I hate the month of Jan. because I always binge because Jan. is gloomy and depressing. I'm having a hard time but I just got the Victoria Secret Swimsuit Mag in the mail and if that's not enough to make me feel like a big cow, nothing is! I'm starting fresh MOnday!!!!! No more treats!!!!!!
Thanks for the support guys! Having this graph on here is already working!
Post a Comment