
If you could choose to live anywhere in the United States, where would you choose and why? Have you ever been to the place that you would choose? I haven't been to many places in the U.S.--California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Hawaii, that's the extent of it unless you count airports and then there's a few states to add to that--Texas, Georgia, and Florida. Some states seem a lot more appealing than others to me. For instance, wouldn't you rather go to New York than Oklahoma? Or Connecticut rather than Kansas? Or California rather than Nebraska? I know that's kind of like judging a book by its cover, and maybe those places that seem less desirable to me are really great places. But where have you been that you would absolutely love to live and raise your family? (I'm sure you know where I'm going with this)
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









7 comments:
Erika! What exciting times you have to look forward to! Moving is such a fun adventure! My heart is still in Idaho, though I am trying! I doubt there's a med school there, but it's a good place! If there were med schools in Nebraska, I would go there, too! Never been to Montana, (except yellowstone area) but I'd move there, too. I love the more rural areas, or areas that you can get to rural in a hurry! They feel safer to me. Probably because it's all I've ever known. Washington has been on my mind. Any schools there? I have a friend who loves it there. Like I said moving is a great adventure. You will love something new!
Thanks Nik! Washington (Seattle) has an excellent school. We've heard lots of good things also. It's kind of fun choosing where we want to apply. Ryan's going to apply to at least a dozen schools and I'm just trying to find out a little about our wonderful country and where the good places are! I know a lot of it depends on our attitude, and right now we are so excited for med. school that our attitude is wonderful! When it all comes down to it though, we'll go wherever "He" guides us, so I'm keeping a VERY open mind!
Oregon! I love it here. Also, there is no sales tax and you get to sit in your car while people pump gas for you. It's the law!
There are mountains, rivers, beaches, farms, the best diggity dang strawberries EVER, really nice people, great schools, the Trail Blazers, stunning summers that are not too hot and not too cool.
I even love the rain. It is so relaxing and makes everything feel clean and green and doesn't pile up and turn brown and gray like snow.
But, that is just my opinion.
Washington is also lovely. We used to live up there too. They have sales tax, but no state tax! Weird. The Seattle area is crowded and a bit expensive, but stunning beauty. We lived on San Juan Island which is in the middle of no where and was a blast. Orcas and bald eagles and close knit community. But we had to take a boat to get to costco or Target.
I'll stop now :)
Sounds dreamy, Afton! Oregon sounds like my kind of place, my hubby's too. It is still our #1 choice, by the way, but we don't want to get our hopes up in case it's not meant to be!
OHSU is a great school. There is something for everyone here. If you want really hot, you can always go to Bend. Sacramento wasn't a bad place to live. I would stick with Oregon. It's so homey. You just have to get used to rain. It rains more in Washington, but it's beautiful there too. Oregon is more expensive than Utah, but the schools are awesome, diversity is awesome, food is awesome, downtown is awesome, zoo is awesome, just know we have a few corny liberals, but everyone is fairly tolerant of each other...I've been to Missouri, and surrounding states and they have horrible humidity and bugs...yuck on the bugs! No bugs here...no roaches or flea issues....
we lived in Vancouver WA for 7 1/2 yrs and loved it. We did most of our shopping in portland because of the no sales tax. If we were to go back we'd probably live in OR because that's were big guy would be working. If you are gonna live in OR just look really carefully at the different areas, but that's true with just about anywhere you are looking. Tyler and his family moved from the Tacoma area early last year they were there for a couple of years and loved it. We've actually been looking at places too because we know that we probably (atleast I hope) have a move in the next year or 2. We talked alot about Memphis (we wouldn't live in memphis city limits). Recently we've also talked about Billings. Where ever you end up I'm sure you'll find something that you love and probably dislike too.
I could be totally content somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I dream of living someplace where it rains a lot (I love the rain) where I can sport a cute trenchcoat and some awesome Wellies.
Post a Comment