Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm so Happy!!!!!

I got a job! Yippee!! It's doing medical transcription and I start my training period on Friday. This is such an answer to our prayers, and I say "our" because Ryan has been such a support to me and has been cheering me on the whole way through. I feel like we're totally in this together. The best thing about this job is I don't have to leave my home to do it. It's all online. I can do it in my pajamas if I wish to. There are no expenses you normally have with a job like gas or clothes to wear to work. I can work whenever I want to, just as long as I get my work in on time. I love the flexibility of it all. I'm thankful to have an employer who is willing to give me a chance right out of my Careerstep training with no actual experience yet.

I can't tell you how happy I am and the hope this gives me that I can actually do something, that I actually have a skill that will help our family out now and throughout medical school. Ryan has always been the provider but now that he's extremely preoccupied with school, the roles have changed and it feels so good that I can help provide now!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! You go girl! I have nothing but respect for you. You are truly doing hard things...lots of hard things! I know your children and husband appreciate it. Good luck with the weight. I have slacked last week and missed two days, but one was because I was so sick with the stomach flu...who has the energy to walk 31/2 miles when climbing the stairs is taxing?

Erika said...

Thanks so much Emily!! You're so sweet. Keep on going girl even though you missed some days. Believe it or not, you are a motivation to me--lets just keep plugging along and forget the slip ups!! We can do it!

Afton said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. What a great opportunity to be able to work from home. I am hoping to do that more and more with freelance writing, but since there is no boss holding a deadline over my head, I have to be self motivated and therein lies my problem. :)

Heather said...

I am SOOO happy for you! You did it! You worked so hard and it all paid off! It must feel good to know you can bring home the bacon and Ryan doesn't need to stress over that right now with everything else he's trying to do! YEAH!

Nikki said...

NICE!!!!! Again with the grit. You and your family will go far with you at the helm. You are an inspiration.

...Did I tell you I have a little tiny bit of news?????

PS--I love your playlist. Love me tender is one of my favorites. Love this version!

Erika said...

Is there a little Dale baby #4 in the works??? Hmmm, it has to be that! I'm hoping it's that! I'm going to your blog right now.