Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, March 23, 2009

Time to Get Down to Business


Wow, I can't believe I weighed in exactly the same today as I did last Monday. The graph is not looking too pretty, but at least I'm maintaining and not gaining. I'm running out of time though. April 16th will be here soon and I'm not where I thought I'd be by now. I've gotten really sidetracked for the past few weeks. I've had a lot on my plate with life and the fact that I pretty much have a non-existent husband. Something has had to give, and unfortunately it's been my will to keep up with this graph. However, I think I have found some strength to continue in my health/weight loss endeavors and I am now going full-force to try and get as close to my goal as possible. I think I may need more time to reach my goal, but I'm going to see how close I can get. I'm afraid it would take something drastic to reach my goal in time and I don't want to do anything drastic or unhealthy. I am having serious doubts as to if my body is even capable of getting lower than 140. It just seems impossible. But if I can get at least to 140 and maintain that, well, forever, then I would be a very happy camper--heaven knows it's not going to get any easier as I get older. I just want to FEEL healthy. I hate the way I feel when I eat junk, so I will just simply not do it. Heather mentioned "Lent" on her blog and I will be joining with her to give up sweets for Lent. Yes, I know we are LDS, but don't you think Lent is a wonderful idea? Reminds me of our Fast Sundays but in a different sort of way. So no sweets. Right now my biggest temptation is Easter candy. I think my favorite candy of all the holidays is Easter candy. All the different kinds of chocolate eggs look so appealing in their little shiny, colorful wrappers, that it's really hard to resist. So here I go again. I'm going to give this all I've got and then we won't have to hear about this anymore. Ü

1 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm proud of you for being down to earth! Even if you don't get to your goal, you have made some great changes in your diet and activity levels that you should be able to maintain. I think you are a health-loving/concious person, and that goes a long way in your overall life. Good job for sticking to it! And you're brave to do the Lent thing!!!!