Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, April 3, 2009

Etsy, I Love You

I love Etsy. I am totally hooked. It all started a couple days ago when I was looking for just the right necklace to go with my new white Easter dress, which is on sale by the way (it's longer on me than on the model-I have short legs; I will wear a cami underneath, just so you don't think I'm being immodest; and I will be wearing yellow peep-toe wedges not sneakers, FYI). I couldn't find a single thing in the stores, so I went on Etsy and this is what I found (thanks Heather, I settled on the long one):

I now have a desire to see what else is on Etsy. I love anything homemade and anything original, which is just what Etsy has to offer. Today I was browsing their aprons. I am an apron finatic. I wear one whenever I cook since I always make a sloppy mess. But I don't have a really cute one and I'm not big into sewing, so I had a hay-day looking at all the cute ones on Etsy. There are 633 pages of aprons! I only got through about 25. One could spend all day on Etsy. I couldn't believe the variety. I love the cute half aprons but I need something that covers my shirt too. Here are some of the ones I liked. Let me know which one you like the best!

PS-What is up with this "fetus" apron pray tell? That's disturbing.
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10

3 comments:

Afton said...

wow! I've never worn an apron, but suddenly I want one! These are very cute. Oh that I would look this cute in the kitchen.

Emily said...

I love aprons. I have made a few, and I wear them occasionally... but the necklace is Gorgeous!!! I would have to go with #4...I am June Cleaver....He He!

miss kitti said...

Erika, that dress is adorable. You'll look awesome and I love the necklace you chose.

Also, these aprons are the best! I wish I had more time to make one of them.