
I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to General Conference this weekend. As a child I can tell you it was quite the opposite. Growing up in Northern California out in the boondocks with no cable TV, we had the "privilege" of driving to the Stake Center to watch General Conference. My parents would pile us 10 kids up in our big brown Dodge van and we'd drive a nice 25 minutes to our Stake Center. Luckily, we only had to stay for the Sunday morning session. That was all us kids could take and I'm sure that's all my parents could take with us restless kids. It always seemed like a hassle and very boring to me. But now I am so happy that we are able to watch it from home, in our jammies, cuddled up in a blanket, on the nice, soft couch. It really is a luxury, and I think it's more pleasant that way for our kids.
One thing we cannot do without now on Conference Weekend is our conference packets. Thanks to you Anita, for introducing me to them a while back. These puppies work like magic! They keep ALL my kids so engrossed and interested in who's speaking and what's going on. To show you just how "magic" they are, Gwen has a birthday party to go to Saturday from 11-1:00. Yesterday she told me that she was bummed she'd miss part of conference and not be able to fill-in the speakers that she's going to miss. She asked me to keep track of who speaks while she misses that one hour of the morning session. I love it! So here's the link to the ones I printed for this conference. I like them because they're a little different from the last ones we used in October. The snack idea on the second page was a huge hit. We only do it with the Sunday sessions. This time we'll be using Sweet-Tart jelly beans, Reese's chocolate mini-eggs, macadamia nuts, Cookie Crisp cereal, fruit snacks, and Bugles. My kids are already telling me how excited they are--could this be true? This makes me so happy! So I dare you to try these out if you haven't already. I'm warning you though, it's a lot of printing, depending on how many kids you have. 17 pages x 4 kids= 68 pages, but it's well worth it!!!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
Wow! I'm totally going to do this. We've done conference bingo before and the kids kind of get into it for a while but then get bored if they are waiting for something random to be mentioned like "sacrament" and no one ever says it.
I just got this packet from my Hometeachers and I am going to use it...what a great idea!
Post a Comment