Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MDO

Each month my mom, me, and some of my sisters take a Saturday and have a "Moms Day Out". This is always something I look forward to. It's so nice to take a day off and have a little fun. This Saturday we took a drive up to Park City and did a little shopping. I love going to Park City. It really does feel like a get-away and really like a whole different world from West Haven. I like observing people and it was fun to see all the different types up there--not to sound stereotypical or anything. I was especially reminded of where we were when I heard a lady say to her daughter as they were checking out at World Market, "Don't hang on my sweater, it's cashmere!" in a really loud, "snooty" voice for all to hear. I just had to laugh to myself. Oh, and we had a blast there looking at all their foods and candy. Remember those wax bottle candies with the colored "juice" inside? I just had to get some of those for my kids. I remember how much I liked them when I was little. My mom said they were even around when she was a little girl.

After the World Market, which I love, we went to TJ Maxx right next door. I love the TJ Maxx in Park City because it usually has better stuff than the one here. We then headed over to Whole Foods and grabbed lunch. We've kind of made it a habit to eat there each time we go up. I enjoy Whole Foods. I wish we had one closeby. This time we all did the salad bar, which was really good. And as always, my mom loaded up on their pastries, and we all enjoyed out-of-this-world sticky buns and cherry/cheese strudel (my personal favorite).

After lunch, we made our last stop at the outlets. I have never been able to find a really good deal there, and this time was no exception. Maybe because I wasn't really looking. There was nothing we really needed and nothing looked tempting enough to buy. It was fun browsing though. I love to have this time each month to catch up with my sisters and my mom, to talk about life, kids, the good, the bad, movies, and of course BOOKS! Us Dale girls tend to get a little loud (some of us louder than others) but it is so much fun!! I can't wait until this month's MDO...Ogden Canyon, walk the trails along the river, Rainbow Gardens (yes, there's an "s" on the end Ryan), and The Greenery Restaurant.

I thought a Voss was fitting--artesian water from Norway--you have to pronounce it "Voz" in a snobbish kind of way--funny, it tasted exactly like the water out of my tap!

Wax bottles!!

Heather is one hot "toxic" mama!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Seeing those sticky buns again made me realize why Lent in over rated!!!!! Ha Ha! I am drooling! That was such a fun day! We had great weather! Can't wait for this month's outing!

Erika said...

How long is Lent supposed to go anyway? I think we can call it good.