We were outside pulling weeds this morning, getting some much needed "natural" therapy, when Christian yelled, "Mom, look! There's popcorn popping on the apricot tree!" I was a little surprised. I hadn't even thought to look and see if there were blossoms yet. They were a welcome sight. There's something about blossoms that is so beautiful. I like the look of these pure little "flowers" on the twiggy, bare branches. We adore this tree, mainly because it is our only fruit tree, and our family lives for fruit. Last year it was extremely productive...we'll see what this year brings. I was so glad to see the honey bees buzzing happily throughout the blossoms. What a beautiful day.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
I planted half of my marigolds that I grew from seed today. It was so satisfying to see my "babies" all over the yard. We've had a couple of wonderful sunny days here in Portland, but after tomorrow, it's back to the rain...which is ok because I won't have to water the garden!
love the pictures, this year in particular I'm really excited to see the signs of spring.
Post a Comment