Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, May 4, 2009

My Own Personal Trainer


Now that Ryan has finished his finals he has plenty of time on his hands. I told him the other day, as we were making plans to start the gym, that I really just need a personal trainer to help get me in shape. Well, that gave him an idea and he so willingly obliged to be my personal trainer since he has all this free time now! And really, so far, he's doing an excellent job. I feel like I'm on the Biggest Loser or something, but this is EXACTLY what I need. Ryan is the perfect guy for the job. He checks on what I eat throughout the day and makes recommendations, and he pushes me with my exercise. Friday night I ate a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have, so he made me do 6 miles instead of 5 on Saturday! As a matter of fact, he's pushed me so hard that I think I burned up our treadmill this morning! My orders were to fast-walk 4 miles and run 1 mile. Well I was at 3.5 miles, actually enjoying the running, when all of a sudden the treadmill just STOPPED. No, there wasn't a power outage. No, it didn't come unplugged. I think it just died. It is fairly old--we got it right after I had Gwen, who is almost 12 now, so it has served us well.

So anyway, we got delayed in signing up at the gym, so we will be going this afternoon to sign up and get the "tour" and will be starting tomorrow. I went to Target and got some really comfy, stretchy, spandexy workout clothes that I'm actually looking forward to wearing because they're cute and so comfortable!! I may not look that hot in spandex, but it's sure fun to wear. I'm looking forward to taking the cycling classes with Ry and workin' it! Ryan is going for the weights and to run and get some good cardio--and of course I'll join him in that too. In the last 4 months the poor guy has studied his life away. He hasn't gotten out of his study carrel much, seen the light of day much, or been able to eat very much or sleep very well, so I think this will be excellent therapy for him. I'm so looking forward to this time with Ryan each day. I think we're gonna have a blast.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What gym? I laughed out loud with the treadmill burning out!!!

Roger and Stephnie said...

That will be so much fun for you and Ryan to work out together! Good luck with your gym classes!
That is funny that you burned out the treadmill! You must really be working hard! Keep it up!