
Ryan has officially applied to medical school. We received his MCAT score (31) and have picked our schools that he is most compatible with, that accept a good amount of out-of-staters, and where we could tolerate living if we ended up there. Some places I just couldn't do, such as Alabama (even though I've never been), but here's the list of places where we could end up. It's normal to apply to this many medical schools so don't be alarmed! Now we wait. Again. We should start hearing back from schools in the Fall. We're so happy to have this next little step completed, as the road is long and hard to becoming a physician.
(In alphabetical order)
1. Creighton University School of Medicine-Omaha, NE
2. Duke University School of Medicine-Durham, NC
3. Eastern Virginia Medical School-Norfolk, VA
4. Mayo Medical School-Rochester, MN
5. Medical College of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, WI
6. Oregon Health & Science University-Portland, OR
7. Temple University School of Medicine-Philadelphia, PA
8. The Ohio State University College of Medicine-Columbus, OH
9. The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson, AZ
10. The University of Vermont College of Medicine-Burlington, VT
11. University of Connecticut School of Medicine-Farmington, CT
12. University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine-Iowa City, IA
13. University of Nebraska College of Medicine-Omaha, NE
14. University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine-Pittsburgh, PA
15. University of Utah School of Medicine-Salt Lake City, UT
16. University of Virginia School of Medicine-Charlottesville, VA
17. University of Washington School of Medicine-Seattle, WA
18. University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI
19. Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine-Richmond, VA
20. Wake Forest University School of Medicine-Winston-Salem, NC
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









8 comments:
Yay! I am so glad he did so well on the test! I'm sure that's a relief to get the results! Those sound like fun possibilities! You guys are pros at the waiting game! Good luck! Did Ryan have to fill out 20 DIFFERENT apps or is there a standard you send everyone?? Whew!
The application is online and you fill it all out once, then choose from the list of schools which ones you want, and then they electronically send your application to all those schools chosen! Nice and easy.
31!! That is a great, solid score. Rick got a similar score and was accepted to 8 schools out of 12. (I think...it's funny how important that was, and now I forget!!)
We applied to several schools that you listed... Wake (of course), Wisconsin, MCOW, Eastern Virginia, and the U. When it comes time for secondaries and then interviews, we could give you some pointers based on those schools. He will do great!
Also, I'll bet when you start getting lots of secondaries and interview requests, you'll withdraw your applications from a lot of those 20. That's what we did when we felt secure that he would get acceptances. It's so expensive to do the interviews that we eliminated some.
Oh yeah! I forget about computers and internet sometimes! No more pencils and paper!! Duh.
I'm available for tips on living in Oregon should you need them. Now I'm going to check out the availability of apricots in this area.
Me too...I'm voting for Oregon. You'd love it!
Good luck! That is so exciting! Of course we will miss you guys a ton though!
Congrats to both of you!! We are so excited for your family and can't wait to find out where you will be for the next 4+ years.
There are some residents in Gage's program that attended those schools. If you need anything let us know and we can give you their phone numbers. OSU isn't to far from our home (2 hours). That would be really neat if you ended up there!!
Post a Comment