I can honestly agree with the people who say that nothing brings your family closer together than camping. We had a wonderful time doing just that at beautiful Bear Lake. It's my most favorite place to go in Utah--a tropical oasis with its clear blue waters. We went with Ryan's parents and a few of his siblings and their families. We had an awesome campsite just off the beach. We goofed off and had some fun times that will not soon be forgotten. There's nothing better than sitting around a campfire with the ones you love. There's something very humbling about kneeling in family prayer on the ground in a tent. I love what camping does for our family, in that it helps us appreciate all the good things we have, all the comforts we enjoy daily here in our home. It teaches our children how to make do and toughen up a little bit when things aren't exactly ideal. For me, I feel closest to God when I'm out in nature, enjoying the beauty that He has created for me. He loves us so much. It's obvious if we just take the time to look around.















Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









5 comments:
Fun pics, Erika! Looks like you had fun. Love the one of you and Ry. Did you break the hammock?? Pierce is so cute buried and I loved the one of the girls together and the one on Ryan helping Christian skateboard!!
Yep, we broke the rope that held the hammock. Correction, I broke it! Ryan was resting peacefully when I came along thinking it would be cozy to lay together when SNAP! Luckily Gwen was right there with the camera and took a picture of the event. Guess it's time to lose the extra weight I've gained this summer!!
You captured some great moments in these pictures! Ryan's family seems so fun! Where did you get that floating tramp with slide??? HoW FUN! Glad you had good weather! Was that Ryan jumping on the wake board?
Yes that's Ryan! Isn't he so cool? Ü Ry's parents got the tramp thing off ksl.com. Oh, and the weather was a little chilly at times--the first night we froze but it gradually got better.
Love the pictures and I have ot second what Heather said: You have a super fun family.
Post a Comment