Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Alfalfa and a Pretty Girl

Photobucket
Gretel doesn't get baptized for another month but the preparations are already in motion. Pictures taken, invitations ordered...can you tell I'm a little excited??? Gretel was a natural for these "baptism" pictures. She loved wearing her baptism dress, which she picked out herself, and didn't want to take it off! I had such a great time with these and am so pleased with how they turned out. I love utilizing the beautiful scenery that surrounds us out here. Even this alfalfa field with its teeny purple flowers is beautiful in its own way. I love the simplicity of it. I love the color, the smell, and the down-home feel of the alfalfa. Wherever we go I'll miss it, but I'm hoping we'll be somewhere where it's lush and green. I could handle the hot dessert of Arizona if I had to, but I'd much rather be where it's moist and fertile. Here's to my beautiful little girl!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

Jen Howick said...

another round of fabulous pictures by Erika! ;) Your kids are darling and I was so glad to finally meet them!

Nikki said...

Sweet Tily! My fav is the big grin and bare feet on the chair!!!

Braden said...

she is darling! yay baptism means she's an activity days girls. i'm glad i get to have another adams girl! gwen looks so happy at the temple. how fun and how cool for her! i love all the pics on your blog. i love love love old stuff so i love all the cool pictures

Heather said...

SOOOO sweet! I love Tilly! She is so photogenic!

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow! Once again, awesome pics! You are so good! I love how you used your old chair in the pics, that is perfect!