I came across a book called "Blogging For Bliss". It made me think about my blog, why I blog, and what bliss is to me in my own life. Here are some of the simple pleasures in my life that bring unmeasurable bliss:
Bliss is living in the country.
Bliss is baking wholesome foods for my family and neighbors.
Bliss is going out to my garden in an apron and rubber boots and picking fresh produce.
Bliss is sewing on a button, mending rips and tears, and making do.
Bliss is listening to the wind chimes sing their happy song each day.
Bliss is hanging fresh washed laundry out on the line, bathed in sunshine, with the warm breeze gently blowing them.

Bliss is canning and preserving a variety of foods and adding to our food storage. Not only is it fulfilling for me, it brings a peaceful feeling to our family knowing that we are getting ourselves prepared.
Bliss is sitting down in a quiet house and playing the piano to my hearts' content.
Bliss is seeing Ryan's car pull up at the end of a long day, to see his happy face, to hear his deep loving voice, and to feel my load quickly lighten.
Bliss is to hear my children pray.
Bliss is having our home filled with the sweet sound of violins playing.
Bliss is losing myself in a good book.
Bliss is to have a soft, warm place to rest my weary head.
Bliss is being married almost 13 years and being even more madly in love than we were when we got married, having been able to give birth to four healthy children, and knowing that we are an eternal family.

Life is bliss. If you really think about it, it is. The little petty things don't matter; disappointments will soon go away; offenses can quickly be forgotten if we look heavenward and count our many blessings. Instead of thinking negatively or of the misfortunes in life, focus on the things that bring you bliss in your life.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









6 comments:
A-MEN!!!
love your family pics...
And Amen again! And ditto on your family pics! ;)
What a great idea! And what a lovely family picture. I love all your pictures really, and feel the same way about all these little and big pleasures.
I have tears in my eyes! Thank you for that Erika! I love this post.
It is nice to be reminded to appreciate the simple things about life and the things I enjoy that are often taken for granted. I love your family pictures by the way. They turned out beautifully.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Bliss is having such marvelous friends and family!!
Post a Comment