
We had oodles of apples this year! Lots of apples means lots of tasty, sweet, homemade apple cider. We ended up with 130 gallons. Once we divied it all out amongst our family and friends who donated apples and containers, we each got a large share. We were blessed with the most beautiful, balmy autumn day this year--usually it's raining. The only setback to the perfect weather was that the bees were out full force. But we had such a fun time working and playing together. This is one family tradition that shows all the grandkids that work really can be fun. It is something we will miss terribly if we move out of state.


Apple chopper
The "jug girls". We got a bunch of milk jugs from a neighbor and their job was to wash and inspect them all.







Christian loved arranging all the jugs and taking inventory.


Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
LOVE IT! I am jealous, I'll admit it. Fresh apple cider is like heaven in a bottle. Everyone here pasturizes it so no fresh cider this year...bummer :(
Love the pictures!! Can't believe we got so much cider this year. I am so happy!! I love the pictures of Dad and Mom.
You got some really cool pictures of the press! The girls drinking the jugs and the one of Em cracks me up! It was so fun! Wish I could have stayed longer! Thank you so much for your yard, the yummy cinnamon rolls and cocoa and for everything else I'm forgetting!
Post a Comment