

We're getting geared up for Halloween this year. Hand-me-down costumes are a beautiful thing. The only child with a new one is Pierce. He is going to be Harry Potter. He's obsessed. He wishes he was actually Harry in real life, I think. He has been needing a wand to go with his costume. I saw one in the Asian gift store at the mall for $15.99. It was really cool but I told Pierce he could make one for free-ninety-free! So Pierce, along with the rest of the kids, have been busy little bees carving and making some wands. They got some small branches off nearby trees and carved them the shape and length they wanted. Then they did something they learned from one of their friends. With a hot glue gun, they made little nobby things to make a handle, and squigglies to make a cool design on them. They then painted them. The paint over the dried glue looks so cool! Each wand is original and fits their little hands perfectly. I know I've probably said this before, but I love it when the kids find an art project on their own to do, one that all of them are interested in. It's fun to see them get along and work together.




Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
My 5 year old is going to be Harry Potter and I LOVE this wand craft. Time to pull out the hot glue gun. Seriously, who'd have thought! It looks just like the $15 wands from the store. (Free ninety free...I'm going to have to remember that one.)
Post a Comment